For the background on The List, read this post. Items in italics are in progress.
- Pick apples at an orchard.
Grow out and donate my hair.
- Attend a performance of A Christmas Carol at Playhouse in the Park.
- Visit Sweden, the country of my ancestors.
- Watch all the movies on my compiled “Best of Film” list. (104/240)
- Pay for someone’s meal behind me at a drive-through window.
- Watch a World Cup soccer game at a local sports bar.
- Host a theme party for no reason (not a holiday, birthday, or special occasion).
- Visit Seattle (and Pike Place Market).
- Meet our new next-door neighbors (and take baked goods).
- Learn to knit and successfully complete three knitting projects. (0/3)
- Take a cooking class.
- Start a compost bin and use it for at least one year.
- Go to a drive-in theater.
- Travel to all 50 U.S. States. (20/50)
Add a houseplant to each room in our house.
- Print/make a photo journal book of our trip to England.
- Go snorkeling.
- Find a spiritual mentor.
- Visit New York City.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Serve a meal at a soup kitchen/homeless shelter.
Start a family.
- Visit British Columbia.
- Clean out and organize the basement.
- Attend a dinner theatre.
- Start my own business.
- Explore all the major Cincinnati parks. (4/19)
- Visit a missionary that we support financially.
- Be completely debt free, including our house.
- Make homemade pasta.
- Read all the fiction books I own.
- Stay at Jake’s in Jamaica.
- Buy a big house and use it to shower people with kindness and love.
- Eat fish and chips in England.
- Can food.
- Visit at least 10 other countries. (3/10)
- Travel the Pacific Coast Highway.
- Increase blog traffic.
- Go ice skating at the outdoor rink at Fountain Square.
Have a Lord of the Rings movie marathon.
- Get a professional massage.
- Eat crepes and drink tea at a cafe in Paris.
- Run a 5k (without walking a single step).
- Visit a castle in Britain.
- Take a canopy (zip line) tour.
- Make fresh salsa with ingredients from my own garden.
- Read every Jane Austen novel. (1/6)
- Visit the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Paint all the trim in my house.
- Attend City Gospel Mission’s Understanding Poverty Workshop.
- Make a kite and fly it.
- Go to a show in the West End.
- Don’t drink any soda for six months.
- Hike the Grand Canyon.
- Try a new type of ethnic food.
- Walk across the Purple People Bridge.
- Host a cookie exchange.
- Visit Boston in the fall.
- Sew something I can wear.
- Go berry picking.
- Make homemade bagels.
Attend a taping of NPR’s Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me.