What’s this? Another post? Nothin’ all week and then–BAM!–two in one day.
It’s been another atypical week around here. Sam’s been fighting off a cough and cold for the last couple weeks, and as such has not been sleeping well at night. He’d finally been doing so well too! As I’ve said before, blogging is proportional to the amount and quality of mama sleep.
I need this focus on the positive things today, but really, when isn’t that true?
I am thankful for…
- the ability to stay home with my baby, especially on days following sporadic, interrupted night sleep
- our house. Lately I’ve been dissatisfied with what I thought of as our cramped living space, but we have all we need and more in our cozy home. I’ve been de-cluttering, purging, and re-organizing and it’s done wonders for my contentment and perspective.
- my husband’s good job
- vacation plans in the works
- long baby naps that give me much needed down time and project time
- success with new recipes
- a family doctor with a laid back attitude, calm demeanor, and evident care for my baby
- warm meals on cool days
- the chance to run errands and get out of the house, baby-free