Words on a Wednesday
So… it’s Wednesday and usually that means no words on the blog. However, seeing as I haven’t posted since the last Wordless Wednesday (making a wordless week) I’m going to make an exception today.
I’ll warn you right up front: this post is going to be random. And quite possibly rambling. Bullet points seem the best way to go.
- Gas is hovering around $3.39/gallon. This is the highest I’ve ever seen it… and it’s not even summer yet. I was thinking of trying to get back to Illinois sometime this spring, but if gas stays this high, it’s probably not going to happen.
- My smarty-pants husband recently had his annual review at work and received glowing reviews. This comes as no surprise to me, and I’m glad those around him recognize his abilities and hard work. I’m so proud of him.
- I love living near a Catholic church and hearing the bells ring out familiar hymns. On Saturday I heard “For the Beauty of the Earth” while out walking the dogs — fitting for a misty, early spring day.
- LG has written yet another wonderful post: “Books, Book Clubs, and Me” — Her words ring true.
- My heart is heavy for two very dear souls, one of whom is in a world of physical pain, both of whom are suffering emotional and spiritual trials. Only God knows how much longer the one will be present with us on this earth.
- My heart is also aching for another dear friend coping with loss right now. At times I can get overwhelmed by the suffering on this earth.
- I love seeing my 3rd and 4th grade girls at church on Wednesdays nights. It is a privilege to get to know them and their unique personalities. Hopefully I have a positive impact on their lives in some small way. However, this is the time of year when I’m ready for a break and looking forward to the end.
- My church’s women’s retreat is this weekend. Being the only female on the audio/visual team, these needs for special women’s events always fall to me. We will be off-site this year so I’ve been working to make sure everyone has what they need — with the help of two of our pastors.
- Other things keeping me busy these days…
- Babysitting for friends every couple of weeks
- Organizing our file system (this one’s been a long time coming)
- Making lists of projects and lists for those projects
- Birth research and baby research
- Cleaning out closets and cleaning in general
- Baby showers… lots of baby showers
- I’ve got some significant changes in mind for the blog. As soon as I have some time to implement them…
- We are resurrecting girls night! A few years back we used to get together monthly, then it moved to every few months, then it just dried up. We’re trying every few months again. We’ve got a bit different group this time around, and so far it’s working out well. We went to a little local Thai restaurant this weekend and had a lot of fun!
See, I told you that would be random.