I Have Cool Friends
I have been blessed to meet and get to know many interesting, fun people in my quarter-century (well, just over) of life. One of those people is Jaimie. Actually, I’ve never met Jaimie face-to-face despite the fact that we briefly overlapped at our small college and have several mutual friends. We have gotten to know each other through blogs, Facebook, and email. She writes a cool blog (see link above) and interesting fiction. Why am I telling you about her? Well, first of all because you should read her blog, but also because she gave me a blog award!
There are a few rules that come with this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered (in no particular order).
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Following in Jaimie’s rebellious footsteps, I am not going to comply with all the rules. However, I am going to pass along the award to a couple deserving bloggers I know. You should all read their blogs too.
- Liz, who writes about her life as an American living in Mexico, a mom to two beautiful babies, and a Christian woman trying to make sense of her place in this world. Liz and I were friends in high school and recently reconnected through the internet. She has a gift for words and tells great stories.
- Rick, who tells about life on the farm (Castle Prairie, as he calls it) in North Dakota and writes unapologetic editorials. Rick is an atypical blogger (as a stereotype), and has a compelling voice and interesting things to share. I have greatly enjoyed learning from his perspective over the last couple of years (has it been that long?).
An honorable mention of sorts goes out to the following bloggers who don’t post consistently enough to make the above list (but from whom I would love to see more posts!):